Sunday, March 29, 2009

Pixar vs. Disney

Hey Everyone,

So if you read the title of this post you obviously know that i'm about to compare Pixar to Disney. Some of you may be thinking, "Doesn't she know that Pixar is Disney?!". Well, yes I know that but look at the differences in the type of cartoons! Both types of movies are good and fun to watch but which is better?

So i'll leave this to you readers. Below are two list of movies; one that lists Disney movies and one for Pixar. Read over them and calculate which list has more movies that you like. Then tell me why you prefer them more. For the most part it's probably going to be because of the stories....but if it isn't let me know!

Disney
  1. Snow White
  2. Bambi
  3. Cinderella
  4. Peter Pan
  5. Aladdin
  6. Pocahontas
  7. Hercules
  8. Lilo and Stitch
  9. Chicken Little

Pixar

  1. Toy Story
  2. A Bug's Life
  3. Toy Story 2
  4. Monsters, inc.
  5. Finding Nemo
  6. The Incredibles
  7. Cars
  8. Ratatouille
  9. Wall E

So what do you think? Disney or Pixar? If we're judging these movies strictly by animation alone you have to ask yourself, "Do I want these characters to look like old school cartoons or like they could be walking around in real life with me right now?" What a thought! I personaly love Disney movies because they remind me of my childhood but when asked, my roommate said, "I would rather watch a Pixar movie because they're more 3D. They look like something you could touch." Well put senorita.

Well, let me know what you think and why. Can't wait to see!

Have a great week everybody!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Courtney!
    I like different things about both Disney and Pixar, but as far as storytelling goes, I'm going to have to go with Pixar. I mean, think about the stuff they come up with. Making a whole movie out of monsters in a closet? A rat who wants to be a chef? The last robot on earth? A lost fish? A bunch of ants? Never in a million years would I have thought of these things (I had doubts that they could be pulled off, but Pixar found a way:). Pixar makes the movie entertaining for both adults and kids. They have dished out some of my favorite movies. Thank you, Pixar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up with both of these, but I would say I enjoy Pixar movies more. I think Pixar generally has better values in their movies. Monsters Inc. reflects a lot of care for kids, and Finding Nemo views fathers a positive manner. I think there is more uniqueness in Pixar movies too. There doesn't seem to be as much variety in the storyline of Disney.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uffta this is a tough one. Can I pick both??
    Here are my thoughts why...

    First off Disney is something that just means magic to me. And I dont think that anything else can change my thoughts on the magical experiance disney has showen me.

    However, Finding Nemo, and Monsters Inc kinda rock. Not going to lie. They are more 3D and just seem more modern.

    Its a close call between the 2. I think I am going to have say its a tie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought that Pixar was very revolutionary. When I saw Toy Story that first time it was very interesting seeing those characters that looked more realistic. Toy Story was one of my favorite movies growing up. But, on the other hand Disney movies all tend to be classics. Going just by animation, I would have to say that Pixar takes the cake. I think it was about time we changed up how animation is seen. Then, when the new kind of animation comes out, I will probably pick that one next.

    ReplyDelete