Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Hey all,

So, my last blog was about the fabulous show Jon & Kate plus 8 and this week I'd like to keep with the theme of TLC shows by moving on to another big, loveable family, The Duggars. You may have heard of them. They are the family that has eighteen children. That's right, i said EIGHTEEN!!! Can you imagine? Well anyways, you can see their show on TLC. It's called 18 and counting.

This family is not only unique because of there size but also because of how self-less they are. The parents have said numerous times that they will have as many children as God will bless them with. Some people are shocked, some even offended. Another interesting fact about the family is that all of the children's names start with a J. The kids ages range from 21-3 months.

I remember watching this show one day in the dorm and eventually having a big group sit down and watch it with me! Half of the people watching really seemed to like how wholesome and sweet the family, while the other half spent thirty minutes complaining about it afterwards.

In my opinion, I don't believe that the Duggar's have done anything wrong! However, not everyone feels that way. Some people think that the parents are ruining the children by not letting them experience the "real world".

Another controversial issue that came up was about some of the rules. A big rule they have is that you can not kiss your girlfriend or boyfriend until your wedding day. I can see where this would be a hard concept to grasp, especially now and days, but it's interesting. Another controversial thing they do is praying in public.

Praying in public used to not be that big of a deal but these days it seems as though people have lost their faith or are leaning more towards spirituality rather than God. For some people praying in public makes them feel embarrased or awkward but for the Duggar's it's just another part of there everyday lives.

So what do you think about this family? Have you ever seen the show? How do you feel about there decision to have such a big family?

To check out more about the Duggar's you can visit there home page at http://www.duggarfamily.com/index.html or you can watch there show on TLC.
I've also included a list of all of there names below since everybody is usually pretty curious about that as well.

Thanks for reading!

Jim Bob and Michelle are the parents and then (from youngest to oldest) you have Joshua (& wife Anna who are expecting a baby of there own this year), Jana & John-David (twins), Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joseph, Josiah, Joy-Anna, Jedidiah & Jeremiah (twins), Jason, James, Justin, Jackson, Johannah, Jennifer, and Jordyn-Grace. :)

10 comments:

  1. I have not seen the show, but i have seen shows like it, the little family? I dont know the name. I believe a family that big would of course be self-less and happy, otherwise how could they get along and live togethor? uhm... Why are all their names starting with J ??? Weird ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This family seems extremely nice. I don't think they should have named all their children "J" names, because...well, isn't there enough confusion about who's who in their house? I'm glad TLC is highlighting this family of faith.

    I don't know how I feel about the "no kissing" rule. I guess they'll know that their girlfriend/boyfriend loves them for their personality, but how are the parents supposed to enforce this when the kids move out of the house?
    I love how they keep having to change the name of the TV show because they keep having kids.
    Courtney! Next week do Little People, Big World! please... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this show, but I cannot imagine a family having 18 kids! I can't be too judgmental since I've never seen it, but I don't understand how they can afford 18 children in this day or any day for that matter.

    Some of their rules sound a little strange, especially the kissing rule. It's kind of cool that they all have J names but I also think that would be extremely confusing among 18 people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen this show. They have a huge house. I think they are a little weird making their own clothes to look amish and stuff, but, praying in public is their choice. Other people shouldn't be offended by that. The kissing rule seems excessive to me, but, thats their choice too. Maybe not kissing their fiancee is the reason they jump in the sack and start making 18 kids.I also think that having 18 J names would be hard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This show blows my mind! THey are a little different than John and Kate plus eight. In that show, Kate is kind of bitchy and the house is crazy. With the Duggars, it is totaly different. Like you said they are very religious. I think they are kind of strange. Their kids all have VERY bible related names, and their hair and clothes remind me of like Amish people or something. Most people don't have 18 first cousins let a lone siblings. That is nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well...I may have to tune into TLC to watch this show. It sounds pretty ridiculous if you ask me. 18 children? Give me a break. I also think that it is a little much with the J think. Can you imagine trying to keep the names straight? I would just end up pointing the them and saying "YOU".

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only reason I have ever seen the Duggar’s family show was because it came on after a show I was watching earlier. When I seen it for the first time it was 17 and counting. I think that having 18 kids is absolutely outrageous. All the kids’ names start with J which is funny because my two sisters and I all start with B. People use to mix us up when we were younger I couldn’t imagine trying to keep the Duggar’s family children straight, even for the parents I really don’t know how they do it! They are a really religious family to so I think it would be hard to bring all the children to church every Sunday. I think that this situation would be hard financially, but they obviously are making good money for doing the show by the looks of their house!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have just recently seen this show for the first time and I was amazed! I do not understand how they live like that! I have 2 sisters and 1 brother, and they drive me crazy! I don't know how that family gets along so well. No, I don't think they have done anything wrong either, some people for some reason just want huge families. And, I think they need to give their kids a bit more freedom, and as for the no kissing until your wedding day, I think its ridiculous! Let the kids have a little bit of a life! And, I think they have to many J names lol! But, it is amazing how selfless they are.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dude, 18 kids in a single house. Thats crazy. Well i have never seen this show, and now i am kinda excited to see it. Its not exactly excitement, its just curiosity, as to how things work out and whats the story behind it.Just wanted some advice form you, is it a girly series which guys would exactly like.. Haha just kidding.. What i have herd from you, i could feel that it is something different and unique. So all uncommon things creates excitement.
    I would love to see it one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha-ha what is the Duggars, sounds like it would be a good show that I should watch. And how come you didn’t invite me to watch it with you in dorms? The Duggars sound really interesting to me that the fact that there’s controversial issues and rules that take place. But either way the next time you do watch The Duggars you better give me a call and tell me that it’s on. Good Post.

    ReplyDelete