Saturday, April 11, 2009

Jon & Kate plus 8

Hey everybody,

So one of Shannon's last emails said that we didn't have to talk about the same stuff we've been talking about for the past weeks. Yay! Because personally I was getting a little bored and running out of good ideas for my "Inside Disney Movies" topic. So I've decided to switch (at least for this week) to another one of my favorite TV/movie topics: Jon & Kate plus 8!

I personally love this show! I am so addicted. I've watched almost every episode of the show and can't seem to get enough. However, not everybody shares my same feelings on this topic. Some people think the show is a little less than perfect. Maybe it's because of Kate's over bearing temper and her mood swings. Maybe it's because of one of the twin girls, Maddie, who is a never ending snot. Either way, I love the show.

In the family they have a dad named Jon, a mom named Kate, twin girls named Kara & Madelyn (Maddie for short), and the sextuplets. The sextuplets are three girls and three boys named Joel, Aiden, Colin, Hannah, Leah, and Alexis. They are the cutest kids you will ever see. As if eight kids weren't enough, they've recently added two German Shepard puppies to the household.

The show has so many viewers and for good reason too. People are curious how two people manage to raise eight kids and, for the most part, keep their sanity. The family is also good to watch because all of there personalities are so different. The parents are complete opposites along with the twins. Each one of the sextuplets has their own unique personalities and traits.

When you watch the show the first time you may be a bit over whelmed by everything that goes on in these people's lives but after a while you start to get used to their bickering and tempers and you may even find yourselves being able to predict what they are about to say.

One of my favorite things about the show is that it is completely unscripted! (And you can tell that in the first few minutes of the show) Everything is real; the screaming, the drama, the love, the playfulness. And it's all entertaining. It may be a little crazy but at the end of every episode they always manage to throw in a little slice of love. (Awww, precious)

To see why I am such a big fan of this show, you can watch it on Monday nights at 8 pm on TLC or you can log on to tlc.com and go to the Jon & Kate plus 8 link to watch webisodes. For those of you who are already seen it, why do you like or dislike the show? and Who is your favorite kid? I know it's wrong to have a favorite but admit it, we all have one!

Happy Easter everybody,
Courtney

7 comments:

  1. As I'm sure you know, Courtney, I also watch this show. It's something you can watch with your parents and not worry about something coming on that will make the situation uncomfortable for both of you.
    The kids are so cute! They're really good listeners, too. I've heard that Jon and Kate are having troubles in their marriage though. I can imagine that having your lives out there to be ogled by millions of Americans must have finally taken its toll on them. I hope they stay together, because their family really loves each other.
    Also...WHAT WERE THEY THINKING when they bought those dogs?! And PUPPIES! Not even toilet trained! Whatever, it's their life, I guess.
    One last comment: Jon and Kate Plus Eight Minus Maddy Equals Better Show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post Courtney! I had also done a blog about Jon and Kate plus 8. I find them so amazing raising all those kids!! I can’t believe that they added two puppies to their family, they are crazy. I could not image having that many kids all at a young age; it would be a crazy household all day long! I agree the show is a lot better by not having scripts, and you know they are a normal family when there are arguments and fights going on, because we can’t hide that it happens in every family once in a while at least.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to watch this show, but not so much anymore. Even if I don't watch it, it's a reality show that I actually don't mind. I can tell that it's unscripted (unlike most reality shows I watch, usually on MTV). I hate it when reality TV is scripted; it just doesn't make it reality anymore. I never knew that they added two German Shepards to their family. It makes me wonder how they could handle it! Maybe the dogs keep the kids entertained.

    Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not an avid watcher of this show, but every once in a while I flip the channel to this show and I can't turn away. I think part of the reason I LIKE the show is Kate's bitchy attitude. I mean, she has to be stressed right? She has a million kids and things tend to get crazy. However, if you watch the show you also realize under all the chaos Jon and Kate are good parents. They make time for a one on one day with each kid so they get quality time with all of their children. The octo-mom can take some lessons from them. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post! I also enjoy this show. In fact I think it's the only show me and my mom sit down and watch together. Just watching the show it makes me not want to ever have kids! But, also gives me a sense of respect for these parents raising that many young kids at one time! It's crazy how they have the time and patience for all those kids. It's also interesting to get an insight of their lives, and see how they live.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like everyone else in America...I love this show. There is something about 8 screaming kids that keeps me tuned into TLC everytime I see the show is on. In recent news there were rumors spectulating wether Jon was cheating on Kate?? Could this be true?! I think I remember reading that Jon when to the bar and took a few pictures with some college girls which soon were floating on the internet. ha what a surprise huh. Just goes to prove that you need to be careful once you get fammmmouuuusssss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this show! It gives you a little preview into their house because God knows that you only see an hour of what goes on in that household never mind a whole week! One of my favorite parts about the show and the family is that each kid gets to chose an activity where they go and it's just them and Mom and Dad. That way Mom and Dad get to know their kids on more of a one on one level without having seven other kids running around fighting for their attention. Great post Courtney!

    ReplyDelete