Monday, February 16, 2009

The Good Guys

Hey there,

So last week we discussed a few villains of Disney and I tried to have you take a different look at them. After all, perhaps some of the villains are just misunderstood? With that thought, are "Good Guys" really as good as they seem?

To me they're as good as they seem, I just wanted to put that thought in your head. In this blog I'm going to be talking about some of my favorite heroes; Hercules, John Smith, and Tarzan.

All of the heroes and good guys have wonderful qualities but my favorite is Hercules. The best part about him is that he's so innocent. He doesn't understand that people aren't alwasy honest and good. However, this is probably his downfall as well! He's also forever faithful to Meg. I mean, he gave up Mount Olympus for her! He was strong and brave without being boastful and he was quite modest. All-in-all, he was a pretty great guy.

Next on my list of awesomeness is Tarzan. Tarzan may have been very naive but he had such a good heart, no matter what. He loved Jane and his friends...even his "step-father" although he didn't like him much. I can't think of one bad thing Tarzan has ever done. Although he's not the ideal type of hero, he turns out to be one of the best. He's there for his family, for Jane, for his friends, and he still makes time to fly around the jungle.

Last but not least, I will be talking about John Smith from the movie Pocahontas. When thinking of heroes one doesn't always think about John Smith but in fact he was quite a good guy. He wasn't open-minded at first but the more he hung out with Pocahontas the more open he became. He fought for the Native Americans and for their land. Through his experiences he became a better person than he was before, which seems to be the way it goes with...everybody!

Well, hopefully this blog brought you back to your childhood a little bit and helped you remember what good guys are all about. So, til next time, have a great week!

Courtney

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh Disney Movies! I loved them when I was little, and I love them know. I am getting to experience all my old favorite now watching them with my nephews.

    I forgot all about Hercules! I always loved Hercules because, like you said, he was so innocent, and Meg was so rough around the edges.

    Watching them now I am able to look at them from a totally different perspectve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Disney movies are a timeless classic. No matter what you'll never be too old to enjoy a good flick brought to you by disney! You're post really made me think back to my childhood, when I would often dream about marrying a good man like Hercules, John Smith, or Tarzan. Ahh...but what we have to settle for now, Just a normal guy with no super powers or animal nature to fall back on. Very Fun Post!

    ReplyDelete